Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CHEESECAKE
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
Cooling time 6 hours
Total 7 hours 10 minutes
This delicious Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake recipe with has a chocolate crust, fresh cherries baked into the cheesecake, and a rich chocolate ganache top!
- 3 packages full fat cream cheese, 8 oz each
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped cherries, fresh
- 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
TO TOP THE CHEESECAKE
- mini chocolate chips
- fresh cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Pulse the chocolate graham crackers in a blender or food processor until they are very fine. Measure out 1 & 1/2 cups of crumbs. Combine the crumbs with the melted butter in a small bowl and mix well.
- Before adding the crumbs to your eight (8) inch springform pan, wrap the bottom and sides of the pan in 3 layers of aluminum foil around the outside of the pan. This will help keep the water out during the water bath.
- Add the crumbs to the pan, distribute them evenly, using a cup or the bottom of something flat to press the crumbs into the pan. If desired, you can have the crumbs go up the sides of the pan a bit.
- Place the pan in the oven, bake the crust for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool to room temperature before adding the cheesecake mixture.
- Turn the oven down to 325º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 3 packages of cream cheese until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla, beat again.
- Add in the heavy cream, beat again to combine.
- Add in the eggs, ONE at a time, beating after each one.
- Beat the mixture for 1 additional minute.
- Add in the chopped cherries, mix with spatula.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust. Make sure the crust and pan have cooled before doing so.
- Place the 8 inch round pan inside a 9x13 inch cake pan. Carefully fill the 9x13 inch pan with water, filling it about 1 inch below the top of the tin foil on the 8 inch pan.
- Place the water bath with cheesecake inside in the oven and bake at 325º F for 60 minutes.
- The cheesecake is done when the center wobbles a little when you jiggle the pan. The edges of the cheesecake should look firmer than the center.
- Once your cheesecake looks done, turn the oven off and open the oven door a little. Allow the cheesecake to cool inside the oven before removing - remove when the cheesecake feels room temperature - this could be 60-90 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and oven. Take the aluminum foil off carefully and place the cheesecake (still in the pan) in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight to chill and set.
- Once chilled remove the sides of your springform pan and make the ganache for the top.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Once boiling, pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit for 1-2 minutes, melting the chocolate chips, then stir well to mix. Allow the chocolate to cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour/spoon the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake, using a spatula to spread it around.
- If you want to dress the to more add mini chocolate chips and fresh cherries last.
- Add mini chocolate chips on top of the ganache, around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Add fresh cherries to the center of the cheesecake.
- Ready to enjoy! Cover and refrigerator any leftovers.